There are two different general modules within PIRS, the communication / correspondence module and the document module.
The correspondence module features are:
- the storing of unstructured project Information
- the sending, storing and tracking of all relevant project correspondence
- the administration of all project parameters
The documents module features are:
- the storing of all project relevant drawings and technical documents
- the generating of transmittal slips to distribute documents
- the monitoring of the document distribution
- the tracking of document status
- the option to create comments for documents, for internal us as well as for the inclusion of customer/supplier comments
Following, both modules will be explained in detail, emphasizing all their features step by step. Further more this chapter will introduce the PIRS folder structure and views as well as all the additional features such as the search and filter functions or the document controlling area.