There are three different general modules within PIRS, the communication / correspondence module, the document module and the event/change/claim module. Depending on the set up of your project, not all modules will be displayed or are generally available. Also all modules are connected which means that there is a direct link e.g. between events and correspondence where you need to send a notice to an external or between documents and correspondence, where you will submit documents using the correspondence type "Transmittal Slip".
The correspondence module features are:
- the storing of unstructured project Information
- the sending, storing and tracking of all relevant project correspondence
- the administration of all project parameters
The documents module features are:
- the storing of all project relevant drawings and technical documents
- the generating of transmittal slips to distribute documents
- the monitoring of the document distribution
- the tracking of document status
- the option to create comments for documents, for internal us as well as for the inclusion of customer/supplier comments
The event module features are:
- Systematic recording, classification and measurement of events / deviations
- Automatic notifications -> prompt response to claim-related events
- Integration of commercial reactions - follow up documentation (Change Order, Claim, Non-Conformity)
- Links to project-related correspondence & documents
Following, the modules will be explained in detail, emphasizing all their features step by step. Further more this chapter will introduce the PIRS folder structure and views as well as all the additional features such as the search and filter functions or the document controlling area.
Keep in mind
PIRS is 100% flexible! In one project the Event area might be activated, in another not. In one project the correspondence type "Comment" is used, while in another it is not part of the process and hidden in your UI.
Each project navigation might differ and also the modules that are displayed.
If you like to learn more on the option to display or hide features, views or modules, please contact your PIRS responsible or you Service Desk.