During the implementation of your PIRS project, the folder structure is set up based on your project requirements.
In case you need to modify or adjust this original folder structure or change access rights to folders, select the "Folder Administration" within your Project Adminstration area.
There you have the option to:
- Rename existing folders
- Delete existing folders
- Relocation existing folders
- Manage access rights to folders
- Create new folders manually
- Create new folders via Excel import
Rename, relocate and manage access rights to existing folders
To rename an existing folder or sub-folder, either double click the folder or first select it then click the "Edit" button.
A new window will open allowing you to edit the specific folder information, location as well as access rights.
- Within the first text field you can modify the folder name. Simply click with you mouse in the text box and change the value.
- The second text box shows the parent folder of this folder. You can select another parent folder by clicking the small downward pointing arrow.
- In case the folder is support to be on the parent folder level click the button beside the second text box.
- to 6. To modify user access rights to a folder you can adjust three different access settings: creator, reader and editor. By default the access rights of each folder will equal the general access rights of a user. So if a user has creator access to a project he has automatically creator access to all folders unless the folder set up has be modified to regulate the access in a different way.
To change the access rights for each setting (indicated by number 4 - 6 in following screenshot) you can choose to inherit the settings from the parent folder if there is one. Furthermore, you can restrict the specific access to certain users and/or user groups. Users/user groups will be offered in a selection based on the address book and project user groups as soon as you select the option "Restrict to following users/user groups".
If you restrict all three access levels to certain users, the folder will not be visible for those users that are not listed in any at the access lists.